Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL)
The Certified Tester Foundation Level v4.0 syllabus includes the following sections: The Fundamentals of Software Testing, Testing Throughout the Software Development Lifecycle, Static Testing, Test Analysis and Design, Managing the Test Activities, and Testing Tools.
The Certified Tester Foundation Level v4.0 certification is suitable for anyone who needs to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing. It is relevant for individuals in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers. Additionally, it is appropriate for those who require a basic understanding of software testing, including project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
With the ISTQB® Certified Tester Scheme, testing professionals at all stages of their careers can benefit from the breadth and depth of knowledge offered, with the opportunity to pursue higher-level software testing qualifications such as the Core Advanced Levels, Specialist, and Expert Level certifications.
Extra time is available for candidates who are not sitting the exam in their native language. To request extra time, please indicate this on the exam registration form.
|Number of Questions
|Extra Time (non-native)
Individuals in the following roles will benefit from this course:
Tester, Test Engineers, Test Managers, Software Developers, Quality Managers, Business Analysts, Management Consultants, Test Analysts, Test Consultants, User Acceptance Testers, Project Managers, Software Development Managers, IT Directors
The minimum requirement for a candidate to write this exam is:
- No prior certification is needed
The following experience is recommended:
- It is recommended that candidates attend an accredited training course as an ISTQB® Member Board will have assessed the materials for relevance and consistency against the syllabus.
- Non-Native-Speaker can ask for 25% extra time (time bonus) in ISTQB exams.
- In case of Foundation Level the extra time is 15 minutes (25% on 60 minutes exam time). So you have 75 minutes to answer your exam.
- To get a time bonus it is necessary to fill in and send back the Application form for non-native-speaker time bonus at least 2 working days before the exam.
- The certification authority will always check if your application has been filled correctly and if you are allowed to get the time bonus.
- During the exam (or directly before the exam) it is not possible to get time bonus.
- Also after the exam it is not possible anymore to re-open your exam to get time bonus.
You can download the Application form for time bonus here.